NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Saturday, June 30, 2012

This Blog - Post 775


This blog has been a blessing to me. I can express myself as I wish. I have met new friends through it and I had hopes that it would further my writing audience. However, I can't say that has happened. Some of you have been very supportive.  Facebook has made it possible to post my blog and get many comments and encouragement.

After 775 posts I'm losing steam.  I used to plan my blog week and collect my thoughts and ideas, awake at night with an idea, or scribble away at my lunchtime.  I constantly looked for inspiration and photos to use.  Originally I posted several times a week - then about twice a week - then once a week - and now I find myself going longer than that.

This blog was a way to generate an audience, as well as hopefully sending some inspiration your way.  I have two novels that I spent years writing. I have a poetry chapbook that was published by Pudding House - but there is no market for poetry and most people won't take a chance on my novels - even some friends and family.

So I am left with the self-expression component.  I still need that, but not as much as I used to.  I understand if I do not put effort into this no one else will.  I guess I'm saying THANK YOU if you are reading this.  And if I have something to say I will still say it, but it may only be two or three times a month.  If you are loyal enough to check in - I appreciate it.  If not, I understand.


1 comment:

Diane M. Roth said...

Hang in there. I know it's hard. but you are a good writer. for what it's worth, I would like a copy of your poetry chapbook.

How do I get one?