NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Three Haiku Poems

Snowflakes like fairies
from a fissure in heaven
a fun flotilla

A daughter will fly
each generation is more
she is more than me

A son makes you smile
because now he is a man
his voice brings new joy

5 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Lovely. Do you share these with your children?

If I don't get a chance to say it later, have a happy Thanksgiving.

John Ettorre said...

That final stanza hit me with special force, given that I'm marveling over my two college-age sons as they come home for the holidays for the first time. My pride in them swells my chest so that I can barely breathe at certain moments.

Pat Washington said...

That last Haiku made me stop to comment, too. My son turns 13 in two days, and I just can't express the love and pride I have for him. I love to see him turning into a kind-hearted, thougtful, young man.

Great poetry!

Pat Washington said...

P.S. You've been tagged! (See my blog.) If you want to play along, mention who tagged you, write 7 unusual things about yourself, and then tag 7 other bloggers that you follow. :-)

Anonymous said...

3 really nice haiku poems. The simplicity inspite of content is the nice thing about haiku
haiku poems