NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Poetic Inspirations

You must let your poems ride their luck
On the back of the sharp morning air
Touched with the fragrance of mint and thyme
And everything else is - Literature
Paul Verlaine

Many of my shortest and seemingly simple poems took years to get right. I tinker with most of my poems even after publication. I expect to be revising in my coffin as it is being lowered into the ground.
Charles Simic

If I were in solitary confinement, I'd never write another novel, and probably not keep a journal, but I'd write poetry, because poems, you see, are between God and me.

May Sarton

3 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

I had a good one as the signature for my e-mails until I switched computers it was:
A poem is never completed, only abandoned. Paul Valery

So true.

Nice post, Diane.

Kat

John Ettorre said...

Wow, live that May Sarton line. That's quite a lovely way of thinking about it.

Diane M. Roth said...

great for me to contemplate as I conemplated working on poetry... or would that be playing...