NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Friday, November 27, 2009

Letter From Jesus

(I didn't write this, but did edit some of it. The author is unknown. I usually don't like anything that speaks for God, but this made some good points.)

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth just get along and LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting my birth, then get rid of a couple Santas and snowmen and put a Nativity scene in your own yard. If all my followers did that there wouldn't be a need for a scene on the town square.

Stop worrying about people calling it a holiday tree. I made all trees. You can remember me any time you see a tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish. I spoke about those in John 15:1-8.

If you want to give me a present here is my wish list.

Instead of writing letters of protest about the way my birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to the soldiers away from home.

Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards he's sending out this year, why not write and tell him you'll be praying for him and his family.

Instead of giving your children gifts they don't need and you can't afford, spend time with them. Tell them the story of my birth.

Pick someone who has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

Instead of nitpicking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a Merry Christmas, that doesn't stop you from wishing them one.

Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in my presence.

Don't forget, I am God and I can take care of myself. Just love me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of the rest.

I love you, Jesus

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I love this, Thanks Diane.

Ms Hen's said...

I love this.

Mother Theresa said don't invite me to an anti-war rally .. invite me to a peace event (something like that).

aggression bred more aggression..

I love .. just put the nativity on your lawn... !!! Do it in a peaceful way.. and others might follow suit.

There are so many religions; but there is only one HP (God)..

I read God did not say to start groups of different names to worship him/her..

Just be KIND to each other and to yourself..

This was a magnificent post.

Thank you.

Lena said...

Wonderful post. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you.

alphabet soup said...

My sentiments exactly.
Ms Soup

Kat Mortensen said...

Perfect!