NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Angels I Have Seen on Google - and Karen Carpenter


I painted these angels as gifts for my friends, but they're so cute I want to keep them! Here's something weird: the photo to the right - the one of the angel with a trumpet? I painted that. It's sitting, as we speak, on my shelf just as I photographed it last year and put it on my blog last year. Recently I was looking up Christmas pictures on Google Images and there was my angel! In my house! And I didn't put it there! How did it get there? Weird.
Here's a random Christmas memory. When I was very young - fourteen to be exact - I had a boyfriend and we were deeply in love. :) God knew I was getting in too deep and had the boy's parents move him to Albuquerque, New Mexico that autumn. That Christmas, my singing idol, Karen Carpenter had a popular song - Merry Christmas, Darling come out. If you have lived in America for more than a year I'm sure you're familiar. It's a beautiful song sung by an amazing talent. Well, every time I hear it, even all these years later, I think of that sweet boyfriend, Doug. I remember spending a lot of time that Christmas season in my bedroom sitting by my little electric heater crying my eyes out and singing " I've just one wish on this Christmas Eve, I wish I were with you - I wish I were with you...." I can still remember how that felt. How unfair to have him taken from me - how unfair to have that song come out that same Christmas! If, for some reason, you've never heard it click HERE.

2 comments:

Lena said...

The Angels are just beautiful!!

Kathie Brown said...

The angles are beautiful. I remember the passion of love when I was that young. Everything was so intense! And the drama! Oh my. It was a sweet pain to be sure for it has stuck with you all these years!

As for your photo on Google images? I imagine google just does what it wants. I have heard of advertizing companies even stealing photos off people's blogs without permission and using them in their ads. Our stuff is suppose to be copyrighted but some people don't play by the rules and I know I am not very good at protecting myself. I see some blogs use something called Copyscape to protect their stuff but I am so busy writing that I haven't had time to investigate further. Right now I would be happy if I could just learn how to put my name on my images!