NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Food Answers

The first photo is of creamed beet soup with arctic char served with pinot gris. The second photo is indeed strawberry shortcake served with cabernet franc ice wine. Third is beef loin in ice wine in a blue cheese crust served over corn and fingerling potato fricasse served with cabernet sauvignon. The last is a divers scallop wrapped in proscuitto over a bed of spinach served with chardonnay. There were four more courses but I'm not going to keep asking my patient husband to repeat the details again! (I'm not a foodie, but it was all good.)

2 comments:

Amy said...

YUM!!! This is totally up my alley. I'm a total foodie and love good wine when paired w/good food. Wouldn't have loved the beet soup, though--lost any love I might have had for beets as a child when my father made me and my brother and sister sit for 45 minutes at the dinner table before we choked them down. Sounds like you had a nice getaway!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Yum.