NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Monday, August 3, 2009

Untitled

There is a moment
between waking and sleeping

when I know something unknowable,
when I experience something with no name,

no language to describe it,
an invention not yet invented.

A thought outside my brain
beyond intelligence, beyond human comprehension.

Is it God? Is it the power of the subconscious?
Or is it what I knew before

the waters of the womb spit me out
into the light and chaos of the world?

4 comments:

Lena said...

I was reading an article tonight on the same subject. Well done in poetry.

Thanks once again.

RachelW said...

Ah, your words are flowing now! Yes, if only we could grasp that sense of knowing and hold onto it, carrying it into the waking hours.

Ms Hen's said...

Very nicely written.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This beautifully captures that disorienting, mysterious moment.