According to my "Daily Blog Tip" I should have a whole lot more people reading my blog by now or I'm doing something wrong. Apparently there are myriad ways to promote your blog out there in cyberspace. And to think I have been proud as a peacock to just get the frickin' thing up and running. I thought I was a genius when I figured out how to get photos on it.
So I spend bewildering hours reading websites devoted to blogs and there's just one problem - I have no idea what they're talking about! It's like reading Martian. Here's an example:
1. Use an FTP client to download all the site files (the Wordpress folder)
2. Log on phpMyAdmin and select Wordpress database.
3. Click on Export and make sure that all the Wordpress tables are there.
4. On the "structure" section tick "Add Drop Tables". Add AUTO_INCREMENT" and "enclose table and field names with backquotes"
5. On the "Data" section leave all the boxes unticked.
6.Tick "Save as file" and download database (you can use compression if your database is big.)
There is not one thing on that list that I understand. Do you?
I guess it's a miracle that I've been found by anyone without knowing all that.
If anyone out there has any advice I'm willing to learn.