NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some Days . . .


Here's more good stuff from Anne Lamott - to some of my friends out there in the blogosphere who are struggling with life today -


I don't know why God won't just spritz away our hardships and frustration. I don't know why the most we can hope for on some days is to end up a little less crazy than before, less down on ourselves. I don't know why we have to become so vulnerable before we can connect with God and even sometimes with ourselves. . . . .I guess we're not supposed to understand some things. Bono, of U2, who is a Christian, says that his favorite song is "Amazing Grace" and his second favorite song is "Help Me Make It Through the Night" - and most of the time I have to let it go at that.

2 comments:

Moohaa said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.

It think it is when we Let Go (great book by Fenelon) that God comes in full force.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I couldn't agree more with the verse...but how to implement it into many lives is quite a challenge, isn't it?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth