NO LIFE BUT THIS: A Novel of Emily Warren Roebling is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


It is biographical fiction based on the life of Emily Warren Roebling considered to be the first female field engineer and highly instrumental in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.


http://atbosh.com/authors/diane-vogel-ferri/

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Faith Worth Believing

These are some excerpts from a book called A Faith Worth Believing by Frank Stella.

The opposite of faith is not doubt, but control. I seek always to be in control of life. I do whatever I can whenever I can to assure predictability. To live with faith involves dying to the self that wants to run the show. Faith asks me to trust that all that occurs in life, no matter how random, how unjust, how hurtful, how disastrous, is not without purpose. Everything is something that, if entered into with an open mind and heart, can mold and shape us into stronger, wiser, holier, more compassionate people. When I live with faith, I move through life with gracefulness, not resistant to, but accepting of what is. This does not imply acquiescence to what might be harmful to myself or others, but requires the willingness to acknowledge the reality of evil, to engage its existence, and to do what I can to lessen the impact.
**********************************
Hope does not involve either the denial of evil or its glorification; it involves a kind of sacred insanity that is willing to affirm that there is meaning in the madness.

2 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Funny, a friend of mine just asked me how I define CoExist and my faith with my husband being Jewish...THis will be something I pass along to her too!! :) Perfectly said!!

Happy belated birthday..the inside of the cinnamon rolls are the best!!!! :)
Much Love,
Elizabeth

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Is this book by the ARTIST Frank Stella? Or is it another person with the same name?
Interesting.